Sunday, March 18, 2012

Apple and iMarketing

My Father-in-Law lent me the Steve Jobs biography, and as is so typical with me, I became obsessed with this book!  What amazes me about Steve Jobs - and Apple for that matter - is how much that brand has ingrained itself into our society and daily lives.

I remember my first computer - the Apple II, which I thought was an amazing machine.  I didn't know that it was developed in a garage from a hippie drop-out and a self-taught hacker.  But from that beginning, the Apple brand - it's logo, advertisements, etc - became as big as Coke, IBM, Marlboro, McDonald's, etc.  The attentiveness to design - simplicity and utility are critical to every Apple product - message, and positioning that are so associated with Apple really stem from the fanatic attentiveness to every detail that so exemplified Steve Jobs.

From the Apple II, to MacIntosh, iPod/iPhone/iPad/iCloud - Apple revolutionized the way we communicate, socialize, and in effect the way we do business.

For those of you who enjoy the integration of product design, fabrication, placement and advertisement, this book is definitely a must-read.  Yes, Jobs had some serious eccentricities and personality flaws, as many who worked for him will agree.  However, when it came to the brand Apple and its product lines - he was right nearly every time.  The message was clear to me - make things the right way, marry innovation and design in a simple, intuitive way, and always protect the Brand.

I hope you get as much out of this book as I have, please email me your thoughts or post on our Facebook page, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment