Friday, June 14, 2013

Brand Building - key tenets from Steve Jobs

I am a big fan of Apple, and have been for years.  We have 7 Apple devices in our house, all of which have now become staples in our everyday lives.  And I remember my first computer - the Apple II.  Yes, a total dinosaur by today's standards, but at that time another innovation by Apple and it's co-founder Steve Jobs.

I will say I was upset when he passed away, as I saw in him some similarities to my life, specifically on the transplant front.  So, when he passed away, I read his biography, and came to realize how influential he truly was as an entrepreneur and brand builder.

His brand building philosophy boils down to a simple tenet - laser-like focus on your brand's identity in the marketplace.  Yes, product innovation, expansion, marketing, creative, design - they are all part of the process of building a great company.  However, in Jobs' mind, branding is not a peripheral - building and maintaining your brand's integrity is central to everything about a company.

Here are some quotes related to Steve Jobs' branding philosophy that you may find interesting:

Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment