Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So... Does Swag really work?

Look around your desk - I'm quite positive you will find a branded item somewhere near you.  Be it a pen, coaster, mousepad, USB drive, Coffee Mug, water bottle, sticky note - these dern things are everywhere!

So what!  I have some company's logo on my stuff, that doesn't mean anything to me!  I just like the thing they gave me.  I hear that all the time in what I do - it's just trinkets and trash/Swag/Tchotchkies/junk...

Au contraire my friend!  A recent study shows that branded items do in fact impact a targeted audience in a tangible way!  More importantly, it left favorable, long-lasting impressions upon recipients.  Here's the figures:

PPAI research shows:
  • 88 percent recall the advertiser on promotional products
  • 85 percent have done business with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item
  • 83 percent like promotional products
  • 81 percent keep them because they are useful
  • 53 percent use promotional products once a week
  • 47 percent keep them for more than a year
For you Marketeers - that's good stats!  Promo items may not be glitzy, but they work.  for more info on the study, read here

No comments:

Post a Comment