Sunday, February 26, 2012

Positive Friday: Nurse Donates Kidney to Patient


As most of you know, I received a kidney from my new sister, and Angel on Earth Cristina Zakis on Nov 12, 2010.  I see that day as a new birthday for me, and is part of the Why in what I do.  It also means I’m a sucker for a good transplant story, and this one is amazing.  It speaks to the true essence of selflessness, and shows that yes Victoria, there are good people out there.  If you know of someone in need of a transplant, or even if you have a calling to be a living donor – I ask you to consider it.  There is no greater gift than saving someone’s life.
To the people at the Emory Transplant Center – you are inspiring in your dedication, and are creating new hope in the lives of those who come to you – I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment